We really appreciate and are so grateful to all our supporters of the Children of Grace (COG) Home, because of you we can provide a home and bright future for the children in our care in India.
We take your privacy and data protection seriously, and this statement informs you of how we use, process and store your personal information to serve our charity purpose.
Please see our Data Protection Policy for full details.
Your personal information
COG Home is committed to processing your data in accordance with our responsibilities under the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
When we collect information
We collect personal information about you, such as name, contact details, gift aid status etc when you:
- Donate via VirginMoney Giving or Stewardship websites. These organisations will pass COG Home your details where you have given them permission and we will abide by the preferences you have selected.
- Subscribe to our Quarterly News and Prayer letter
- Engage with us on social media or directly via email, phone or by writing to us, or any other method that you choose to provide information about yourself to us or that exists in the public domain.
Use/ storage of information
- We only store the minimum data we require for our charity operating purposes.
- Your data will only be held by COG Home, with appropriate safeguards in place to ensure the security of data, limiting access to only those persons who have a requirement to access such data.
- Where you have written your information on physical forms or other written pieces of communication, these are stored securely with appropriate controls and procedures in place to protect them.
How we use your information
What we do:
- Any information we hold on you will be used for COG Home related purposes only.
- We will use your personal information appropriately, e.g. for contacting you about your donation (including sponsored child if relevant) or to send any regular/occasional communications you have requested from us. Without the necessary data we may be unable to provide you with what you request of us.
Your information may be used by us for the following purposes:
- Processing claiming Gift Aid, if applicable, on gifts given by you.
- Contacting donors on legal/ regulatory changes about their donations
- If requested, contacting you about the children you support at COG, updates on the Home etc.
- Maintaining an accurate mailing list of supporters and sending copies of our Quarterly News and Prayer letter
- To fulfil any requests you have made of us, for example, sending you requested information, keeping a record of your history with us.
What we don’t do:
- We will not share your information with anyone outside of COG Home, including sharing with/ selling your information to any third parties.
- We will never transfer your data outside of the UK for any purpose, unless you have explicitly requested us to do so.
- We never sell or share your details with any other organisation for the purposes of their marketing.
E-mail communications to you may be sent through a third party supplier for delivery (MailChimp), only using your data in accordance with this notice. This is controlled by COG Home.
We will only send marketing and fundraising materials by email where the supporter has expressly opted in to receiving such emails. Any personal data you provide when signing up for our newsletter and email alerts will only be used for that purpose.
Your personal information will only be retained by us for meeting the requirements for which it was gathered, after which time it will be deleted from our systems.
Full details are available by contacting us.
Your rights/ access
You have the right to:
- Opt out or in of any communications from us at any time, by emailing us.
- Ask us to update or correct any of your personal data which we hold
- Request us to delete your personal data, subject to any legal or administrative requirements necessitating us retaining that data.
- Request a copy of the personal data that we hold on you. To do so, please write to us along with proof of your identity such as a copy of your passport or driver’s license to Annabelle Wilson, Data Protection Officer, Children of Grace Home, 7 Walmer Road, Whitstable, CT5 4LB. We will respond to your request within 1 month at the very latest.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you believe that we are using, retaining or securing your personal data inappropriately.
Changes to this policy